The Healthcare Foundation of Northern Lake County supports efforts that improve access to health services for underserved Lake County, Illinois residents. We strive to improve the health status of uninsured, underinsured and medically underserved residents.
We are especially interested in addressing gaps in health services; increasing capacity of effective organizations and programs; and fostering innovative solutions to persistent healthcare access problems.
Our vision is a healthier Lake County where all its residents have access to comprehensive and integrated healthcare services that enhance their quality of life.
• comprehensive and ongoing health services intended to prevent disease and delay the progression of disease;
• program designs based on best practices in the field;
• demonstrated commitment to measuring effectiveness and improving programs through the use of data and evaluation;
• strategic partnerships with public and private organizations, including public health departments, community organizations, and educational and healthcare institutions;
• linguistically and culturally appropriate services; and
• sound knowledge and information useful for improving access to health services.